Investment advice is a core part of our service. We want an investment selection to be made on two main criteria.
- The investment has a definite role in your financial plan.
- The investment should have a definable margin of safety.
Our investment philosophy
- No single investment is the answer to every situation.
- Diversification among asset classes and investment vehicles is important.
- Costs for owning investments should be as low as possible after taking into account the need for diversification.
- When selecting individual securities we look for value as defined by Benjamin Graham in his book ‘The Intelligent Investor’ supplemented by ‘Security Analysis’ by Benjamin Graham and David Dodd.
- Timeframe is an important factor when considering an investment.
Our preferred method of managing money is by investing. Benjamin Graham and David Dodd offered a definition of ‘investment’, which we find helpful when selecting investment vehicles.
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis, promises safety of principal and a satisfactory return. Operations not meeting these requirements are speculative.
Our investment research is available for review individually in our report sales area here. Or you can get access to all our investment research by becoming a member of the research site by clicking here.
Speculation is a valid approach to managing money, but is different to investing as it relies on an assessment of future conditions.
Trading is a valid approach to managing money but is a different discipline as it requires a known exit point at the time a position is taken.
We can provide advice on investment and speculation, but we do not provide a service for traders.
Please contact us for more information.